Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Thighs wide open

Of all the ways that men can be photographed, I like the "open crotch shot" best of all ... a man with his thighs spread wide open,  either naked or clothed.  I can instantly imagine myself between those beefy thighs.

But today's post is a meme, The Unlucky 13,  which a couple of the cool kids already have done:   John (Rejected Reality) in Oregon  and   Ian  (Mind of Mine) in Dublin.

1. How long does it take you to get ready for work or a night out?
I can roll out of bed and be out the door in 10 minutes.  But I often look quite dishevelled, a "hot mess" as my colleagues tell me.  As a single, gay man, I now try to take more care with my appearance especially when I'm surrounded by all our hottie stuent teachers.

But I take well over an hour to get ready for an evening hookup unless it's a horny 22 year old who wants me there "right now!"   But all this time is spent on grooming.  I don't fuss too much when dressing for a hookup;  generally, our clothes are off in minutes. 

 2. If you could ask your favorite author one question about the book(s) they wrote, what would it be?
 I'd ask the famed Canadian writer Margaret Atwood about her next book.    

3. What is the hardest thing about growing up?   I first really felt "grown up" in my mid 40s when my own aches and pains suddenly became noticeble.   At the same time as my own parents (late 70s) really started to slow down.  It brings your own mortality into perspective.

 4. Who would you rather switch places with for a day: your favorite celebrity, or your favorite fictional character?   I wonder if a celebrity lifestyle is as glamorous as it's cracked up to be.  Instead, I'd choose to be Miss Jane Marple, Agatha's Christie's solver of mysteries.

 5. Who would you rather have point out a flaw that you weren't aware you had: a close personal friend, or a total stranger?   Neither!  I am hyper-senstive to criticism or to "helpful suggestions."  I was raised with frequent criticism and disapproval from my parents and I've had enough of it!

 6. Do you get jealous easily?  No, rarely.  In particular, I never get jealous about the "stuff" other people have such as cars and speed boats.  I couldn't give a hoot about any of that stuff!

 7. Which version of yourself would you rather have a conversation with: the one from ten years ago, or the one you turn into ten years from now?   I'd want to talk to myself in ten years. I'm sure that I will have a lot of interesting stories to tell!  Ten years ago, I was miserable, closeted and in a sexless, tension-filled marriage.

 8. Were you ever bullied in any way as a child? If so, how has it shaped you today?  I was never bullied, ever.  I don't know why ... I was reasonably self-confident and was among the taller and stronger of my peers.

 9. What is one fear you would like to overcome in your lifetime? I have no particular fears about anything.

 10. What is one food you haven't tried yet that you would like to?  I love trying every type of food.  But the expense of some famous delicacies such as foi gras or caviar has prevented me from trying them, but I'd like to!

 11. Is it easier to forgive someone for the wrong they've done you or to seek forgiveness from someone that you've wronged?  I find easy to forgive someone ..... it is just corrosive to stew about something you cannot control.  Let it go! Water off a duck's back!!

 12. Let’s go random: What did you do for New Year’s Eve for the turn of the millennium?
My family and I were at a fantastic winter sledding and hot tub party at a friend's country house, with my three kids (ages 3, 5 and 7) and my wife.  Fond memories!

13. What else around here have you noticed?   Last night, I had multiple offers for hookups from several very desirable men but I wasn't available.  Tonight, I'm home alone and I have no offers.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, love that slouched, spread leg pose for a really hot guy, particularly when not obscured by annoying garments, draped towel, or a hand placed right over the goods.

    I'd prefer to talk with myself ten years from now and know ahead of time some of what was going to happen. If I spoke with myself ten years ago, I could easily tel the younger me something that would disrupt some of he wonderful things that happened during the last ten years -- the standard danger that comes up in responsibly written time travel sci-fi plots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will, I often find that we're men of alike minds. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please tell me what you're thinking!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...